.

Pablo Neruda

၁၃၇၀ ျပည့္ႏွစ္။ တေပါင္းလဆန္း (၀၉) ရက္။ ဗုဒၶဟူးေန႔။

It is Born
"Here I came to the very edge
where nothing at all needs saying,
everything is absorbed* through weather and the sea,
and the moon swam back,
its rays* all silvered,
and time and again the darkness would be broken
by the crash of a wave,
and every day on the balcony* of the sea,
wings open, fire is born,
and everything is blue again, like morning."
[Pablo Neruda; translated by Alastair Reed]



"I can write the saddest lines tonight.
Write for example: ‘The night is (broken)
and the stars, blue, shiver* in the distance’
...
On nights like these I held her in my arms
I kissed her so many times under the (endless) sky.
...
I can write the saddest lines tonight.
To think I (do not) have her, to feel I have lost her.
..."
[Pablo Neruda; Excerpt from “From - Twenty Poems of Love”]


"...
Then one morning flames*
Came out of the ground
(Eating) human beings.
From then on fire,
Gunpowder from then on,
From then on blood.
...
I have seen the blood
of Spain rise up against you
to drown you in a single wave
of pride and knives!
...
Come
See the blood along the streets
Come see
The blood along the streets
Come see the blood
Along the streets!”
[Pablo Neruda; Excerpt from “I’ll Explain Some Things”]


“I come to speak for your dead mouths.
Throughout the earth
let dead lips* (come together)
...
And tell me everything, tell chain by chain,
and link by link, and step by step;
...
Speak through my speech, and through my blood.”
[Pablo Neruda; Excerpt from Canto XII from “The Heights of Macchu Picchu”]


“And it was at that age ... Poetry arrived
in search of me. I don’t know. I don’t know where
it came from, from winter or a river.
I don’t know how or when,
no, they were not voices, they were not
words, nor silence,
but from a street I was (called),
from the branches of night
(suddenly) from the others,
among violent fires
or returning along,
there I was without a face
and it touched me.
...”
[Pablo Neruda; Excerpt from “Poetry.”]


*absorbed: taken in
*rays: a beam, or line, of light
*balcony: a platform, or kind of floor, that comes out from the side of a building; it is surrounded by a rail that protects people from falling off. Here, it means that the sea presents something, as a leader giving a speech from a balcony.
*shiver: to move, as if cold; shake
*flames: pieces of fire
*lips: the part of a person’s body surrounding the mouth.


ဤပုိ႔စ္ရဲ႕အေပၚထင္ျမင္သုံးသပ္ခ်က္

Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share
    ျဖတ္သန္းျခင္း(မေရရာမႈမ်ားစြာျဖင့္)

    Blog Archive

    အျပဳသေဘာမ်ိဳးေျပာခဲ့ပါ။

    ေရြးခ်ယ္ ဖတ္ရႈဖြယ္ရာ

    ေဒၚလာေပါက္ေစ်းသိဖုိ႔

    အလ်ဥ္းသင့္ရာေပါ့

^ အေပၚသို႕